Now that we have a better understand of what emotional intelligence is, here are four leader live hacks to improve your capacity – apply one today!
- Solicit feedback from subordinates – use the Army’s 360 Assessment or create iterative Survey Monkey feedback mechanisms
- Focus on others and optimizing their input to the team
- Foster diversity of thought
- Don’t suppress your emotions – manage them
- Refocus negative energy on gaining a better understanding of the problem, alternate perspectives, and creative solutions
- Take ten minutes each day to reflect on your strengths and weaknesses – make it part of your personal battle rhythm
- Incorporate subordinate feedback into your personal goals
Still looking for more? Check out these resources focused on leading the staff!